Credit Card Tranfers

C

CC Crazy

Hi
I am moving into a new house shortly and in the last month had to use my credit card for various purchases. The total amounts to approx €10,000. I don't ever allow my card to get this high, but I will have a payment of €15,000 coming to me in two months time, after which I can clear this. I want to transfer this balance an avail of the interest free for six months offers.
My question is: How easy is this to do, and do you think that there would be a problem transferring this amount?
Any other advide would be appriciated.
Thanks a lot
CC Crazy

Credit Card Transfers

Go onto the IFSRA site - they did a credit card cost survey a few months ago & it shows all the interest rates, interest free peiods etc. of the different banks & credit card cos.

I used it cause I had run up 2k on my credit cxard & was paying massive interest so I moved it and got 6 months interest free and am making inroads into it!

Credit Card Transfers

The IFSRA credit card survey is here:

[broken link removed]

Re: Credit Card Transfers

Note that you will lose €40 from your old provider when closing the account. but I guess you will save on moving by not having any interest to pay on the 10 grand.

> want to transfer this balance an avail of the interest free for six months offers.

Also, pay careful attention to the detailed terms & conditions of any "low/no interest on balance transfer" offers as they may ONLY apply to the balance transferred with any purchases made while there is ANY outstanding balance subject to the normal penal rates of interest. The best buys lists some offers that might be of interest:

www.askaboutmoney.com/clu...EDIT_CARDS

One problem which may arise is that the "new" credit card company may not be willing to give you a credit facility for the amount which you wish to transfer because you don't have a credit history with them. You may have to haggle with them. It works!

I have juggled an amount which was originally a cash loan at a low interest rate from one company to another. The new company was willing initially to transfer a third of the balance only. A couple of phone calls later from them and they offered the full balance transfer. Everything was sorted within one week from initial approach.

Marion :hat

Hi Marion,

Who did you transfer to , if you don't mind me asking?

Back