Credit card that has full card details available in the app? (like KBC)

deeobrien

I had a KBC credit card that enabled you to see the full credit card details in their app (after secure login etc). It was really handy being able to make online purchases without having to go find my wallet. With KBC leaving the market the card has been transferred to BOI. They don't have that feature and the app is a bit clunky as well.

I'm assuming the new Revolut CC will have that feature as you can see your debit card details in the Revolut app at the moment. I'm concerned about their customer service though so I'm wondering if any other CC has the same ability to see the full card details in an app?

Anyone know if AIB, Avant or An Post have the card details available in their app's? (I know BOI and PTSB don't).

Consider using a password manager like Bitwarden or LastPass to store and auto-fill your card details, rather than relying on a bank app.

Consider using a password manager like Bitwarden or LastPass to store and auto-fill your card details, rather than relying on a bank app.
That is another option but I prefer the idea of opening the app on the phone when I need it - might not always be on my own device or sometimes its over the phone etc.

Although Revolut have declined by CC application so might look at it again. I can only guess my financial situation didn't pass their AI approval rules :) -

Although Revolut have declined by CC application so might look at it again. I can only guess my financial situation didn't pass their AI approval rules :) -
This happened to me the first time. Not sure if it was a glitch or not. Applied again a day or two later and it went through very quickly.

I prefer the idea of opening the app on the phone when I need it - might not always be on my own device or sometimes its over the phone etc.
Most of the password managers have mobile apps with auto-sync. You aren't forced to access card numbers or passwords via autofill; you can also open the card entry directly in your mobile password manager (or desktop browser extension) and manually read out the card number, just as you're used to with your KBC banking app.

Most of the password managers have mobile apps with auto-sync. You aren't forced to access card numbers or passwords via autofill; you can also open the card entry directly in your mobile password manager (or desktop browser extension) and manually read out the card number, just as you're used to with your KBC banking app.
Didn't know that - must check it out.

Back