Credit card skimming

Deisce

I got skimmed last saturday. And thankfully my card was at 0. It was the last few months in credit as I was buying stuff for the house.
Heres the story from the letter I drafted today. I had to go home last night and search through the detritus from the last few days dinners for my cut up card.

On the 26 Aug 06 I received a phone call from a private number on my mobile identifying himself as Credit Card services to ask about some suspicious transactions that occurred the previous 2 nights. 150 Euro and 450 euro were debited from my account on ATMs in Cable and Mary Street as well as numerous blocked attempts to withdraw cash. I agreed that these were fraudulent and that the card and pin were in my possession at the time and it was not me that made those withdrawals or attempted withdrawals. The last time I had made a transaction was a Paypal transaction with Eastmaze. Credit card services informed me that the card would be cancelled and a new one sent out. I asked them what would happen with the 600 euro plus 9 euro cash advance fee and he stated that “basically” they would prove it wasn’t me and I wouldn’t be liable for it. He gave no indication that I would need to send anymore info or perform any actions. I rang back credit card services to check that the call was genuine and was told it was.

On 30 Aug 06 I received a letter confirming my card has been cancelled and to destroy it if its still in my possession. I cut it up with a scissors (should be in envelope).

On 31 Aug 06 I checked my account details on 24 banking www.aib.ie and saw that the 609 euro was still debited to my account. I rang credit card services and was informed that to get the money refunded I needed to fill out a police report or send the old card plus a letter stating the fradulent use. This was not communicated to me on 26 Aug 06 by the employee so I had to retrieve the pieces from the bin.

Lucky I called them up yesterday. If I hadn't they would have started charging me interest.

So did you get your money back?

What do you mean ''they would start charging me interest''?-as you didn't make the withdrawels..:confused:

Ye they refunded the money this week.

"What do you mean ''they would start charging me interest''?-as you didn't make the withdrawels..:confused:"

Well, if they refused to refund me, my card would be debited and in a month they would charge me interest on that amount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back