Credit card retail dispute

grotty

Hoping for some advice about this....I was on holiday recently - bought 60 euro worth of stuff in a shop, attempted to pay for it on Visa.The visa machine had no ink, they told me they cancelled that attempt, and tried to put it through again,same result.

I got my bill yesterday and they have billed me for it twice. Tesco visa said they wont do anything about it as I entered my pin twice therefor authorising the sale twice.

Where do I go from here. I did get the manager to write her name and shop address on the til receipt for the goods but it's in spanish- so I've no idea if she even put the correct name and address on it...

That's disgraceful, ring Tesco again and ask to speak to a manager and threaten to cancel the card if they don't sort it out. The call centre staff in Tesco seem to have no say so on anything, they can only tell you what's on the screen in front of them

As above ring tesco and tell them you want the payment disputed, the retailer has upto 45 days to produce proof that you should have been charged twice.

Thanks for those tips I will ring them and tell them to dispute it - not sure how far I will get though. I'm quiet disappointed with the service, to be honest - I thought resolving this would be a simple matter

had a similar experience many years ago with Ulster bank. paid bill 'under protest' marking it below the line that you are not supposed to write below, to ensure that someone would have to read it. I also wrote to UB and they investigated it thouroughly and to my satisfaction. They even refunded the postage costs that i asked to be refunded!

have a look at the tesco uk website and et the name of the Chief executive, to whom you shoudl write asking him to investigate without prejudice to your rights to refer the matter to the financial ombudsman.

Back