Credit Card Levy Period

B

Betty

I closed my Visa card account on 19 March this year.
But I just received a bill from my credit card
it has Credit Card Levy charged on 25 March on it.

And the lavy is for 2003-2004, is this correct?

Yes. They charge you for the previous rather than the forthcoming year. You did cancel at the right time though; even one day into 04-05 and the Government would hit you for the full €40 again.

A few weeks ago someone here suggested a monthly charge levied on every bill as a fairer method. It has also been widely called for the charge to be got rid of altogether. Either would promote price competition amongst the card providers due to the lower exit costs for consumers. The retention of it at the last budget in its present form seems ironic given the Govs calls for greater competition.

Was the €40 levy supposed to be charged in March or April. I have an MBNA Gold Mastercard and haven't been charged yet. Just checked my account and statements online.

Are they doing a "spend so much and we'll pay the €40" thing?

Re: MBNA's loyalty scheme

MBNA is going to offer a loyalty scheme It will be interesting to see if they offer more than 1% cashback which is currently offered by AMEX on purchases.

Marion :hat

Re: Amex Blue

MBNA is going to offer a loyalty scheme It will be interesting to see if they offer more than 1% cashback which is currently offered by AMEX on purchases.

I have just tried to apply to BofIfor an Amex Blue and was informed they are not offering this card anymore, because of some ongoing legal dispute between Amex and BofI. Is anyone else offering Amex?

Hi navanwoman

As far as I am aware, they are the sole agent in Ireland for AMEX blue.

Marion :hat

Hmm, that's interesting about AMEX Blue. I'm not surprised if AMEX are not impressed as I don't' think I have seen any promotion for it in Ireland. I didn't even know about Blue (and cashback) until I came across it on AAM.

z

Back