Credit Card Debt..So Worried

Hello, first of all thank you to all for your replies and advice since I was on last night posting. Due to advice on OP I didn't contact the credit union but I did ring my Credit Card companies to tell them i would be lodging 50 into each tomorrow and that I am waiting for an appointment with a financial advisor with MABS (I rang today and was speaking to a lovely lady, she took details and brief outline of my problems, she told me the lady that makes appointments and who will be meeting me was out but would ring me back before the end of the week to oragnise a meeting, normally waiting list is 2 to 3 weeks so I am delighted). I just wanted to give my update so far.........I am still worried because I feel so in over my head at the moment but hopefully things will get better soon.......I will let you know any updates and hopefully in doing that I might be of some help to others in my situation or similar. Thank you to the OP as well on advice re: medical card and FIS, looking into it at the moment and half ways through filling out my applicaiton for Medical card. Thank you.

Longroad, just wanted to say well done on making those calls today.
Perhaps while you wait for you appointment with MABS you could take a look at their Personal Budget sheet and weekly spending diary - [broken link removed].
Sometimes just writing things down can help get a handle on a situation.
Best of luck.

thanks D8lady, I'll check out that link straight away...feel the weight of the world off my shoulders now that I can see some sort of end to my financial worries. Thank you. I'll be back with any updates because hopefully my story will be of some help to others who might have the same problems as me.

Good on you long road - hopefully it will be a short road.
You might also want to start a spending diary to see where your money is going. It will help and you might see that you are spending money on unnecessaries.
DO come back and let us know how things go good or bad as it will help others.

Hi, I'm just logging in to give an update (which might help others who are in the same or similar situation). I made an appointment with MABS, the lady was so lovely and helpful, she wrote off the credit card companies for me and now she is sending off my income and exp sheet and hoping to settle on a monthly payment amount with them then so fingers crossed they'll be agreeing to an amount I can afford if not then she'll trash it out for me with them, I am so glad that I contacted MABS and feel so much better about the situation even though it's still far from over but at least I feel it's well under control now compared to what it was. Will post again with an update when I have one (hopefully a good update), thank you again to you all for your advice.

Longroad, that is good news and I am glad things are looking a little brighter for you. MABS are indeed the lifesaver for many, it is a pity they are so snowed under and not everyone can avail of their services fast enough.

Back