Credit Card Company Says They Didn't Get Cheque

flusteredma

Hi Guys,

Sent a large cheque to cc company to pay off balance and close account in August. To cut a long story short they say they never got cheque even though the amount was debited from my bank account.

I got a copy of the cheque from my bank and sure enough it was made out correctly to the cc company with my account nr on the front no dodgy alterations had been made on the cheque as I had originally feared.

Have now sent two copies of this cheque to them the first copy they said they never got and the second copy about five weeks ago before a long
holiday, they told me not to worry it should be all okay. Just back from
my holiday and have received my second reminder to pay the bill plus
interest. Have already spent lots of money on calls and time back and forward to them and my bank and am wondering what should be my next step as I am at my wits end and don't really want to call them again. As far as I (and my bank) are concerned ,they cashed the cheque. Is there an official body I can call to get this sorted out as nobody seems to be dealing with it? Its a few thousand pounds so I'm pretty peed off to say the least.

Any useful advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Credit Card Company Says The Didn't Get Cheque

Are you talking to the monkey in the call centre or a manager? If it's the monkey (who, of course, is just trying to get you off the phone,) I'd ring them again and go straight to a manager.

No, I've spoken several times to a manager who initially confirmed after making several cheques with payments section that they never got the cheque. She's the one who advised me to send in copy of cheque which I have done.....I don't want to have to ring Her again. Whats my next step?

Talk to your bank, explaining all the details, and get them to do the legwork.

Back