Credit card application questions

JackKelly

I'm making a credit card application and considering my circumstances with regard to some of the questions.
  • Employment: Is it standard for banks to consider 100% shareholder and employee of a limited company as "self employeed"? I would consider this an "employee" but I have had this issue in the past with other banking matters.
  • Home ownership: I live in a family home with 2 family members. I own a portion of the home, so I'm wondering does this qualify as "home owner" in an application?
I can of course ring the bank and ask before applying, but I'd like to know independly where I stand before getting touch with them.

Thanks for any help

how do you pay your tax. If you pay as self employed then you are. Unless they ask you are you a part owner then your answer is yes

No, I'm a PAYE employee of my own Ltd. company. I would agree that I'm not self employeed, but I've been told before that 100% shareholders of ltd. are considered "self employeed". I'm not sure if this is a policy of the particular bank in question (PTSB) or if this just a general policy of all banks

Homeowner:Yes.
Proprietory Director: Self-employed.
IMHO and cannot see it as being any other way.

Back