Credit Card allocation of debt rules

SuperDuper

Hi all,
Wondering if anyone can help here, I see that Avant are offering a 0% money transfer to current account for 9 months. I am an Avant customer. Theoretically what if I took the money transfer offer and used the funds to clear my existing credit card debt with Avant - will this clear the oldest most expensive debt and leave me with 0% debt. Does anyone know the rules regarding allocation of payments to debt by credit card co's. I believe in U.S. extra payments should be allocated to older, more expensive debt but not sure of the laws here... Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

No its just a fancy way of trying to give you more money. I am with advant they must have rang me 6 times this year, last time they rang offering me money was the monday the start of Galway race week, like who wouldn't want a few extra grand that week.

Ah yes they love to sell you more debt but I suppose what I'm saying is can it work to my advantage? I have debt with Avant if I can turn it into 0% interest debt without have to take out a new credit card and transfer the balance form one to the other, surely I take them up on their offer

Back