Creche going baby smothered with perfume?

help_me

Hi There,
My 10 month baby goes to a creche. We extermely happy with the creche (not the exorbidant fee!) and it's very convenient to us.

We have a concern regarding our little one coming home with loads of perfume all over her every other day. I'm certain that, they don't use perfume on her, its one of the caretaker uses (read soaks) & that tranfers into my little one. I'm sure this against health and safety.
When people working in salad bar are not allowed to wear makeup & perfumes, I'm sure creche worker shouldn't be using it too!
I've raised it with the creche today. I'm not unreasonable, am I?

OP, You are a million per cent correct. If they still have not done anything to cease this matter, write to them and if sneered at complain in writing to the HSE. There is little point in adopting a 'told you so' attitude.

. I'm not unreasonable, am I?

Unless child is allergic to perfume then surely it could be taken as a good sign? i.e you know for a fact that child is picked up, cuddled etc during the day?
I would have to say that yes this is unreasonable.

I dont think you are being unreasonable either. I wouldnt be happy collecting my child from creche stinking of perfume (no more than I'd like them stinking of food, cigarettes etc)

Unless child is allergic to perfume then surely it could be taken as a good sign?

Surely its the creches responsibility to not find this out the hard way.. I would speak to the crech manager and raise your concern. Its something easily fixed.

Stopped going to my local boozer because the lounge girl was smothered in perfume and everytime she walked past it was awful. Couldn't taste my pint. Then when she handled the glass, all I could taste was perfume.

You are definitely right in complaining.

I remember my parents complaining that a certain Eucharistic minister used LOADS of hand cream and so would avoid her....Personally dont like heavy scents myself...how did things work out for you?

Back