Creative Zen 32GB

A

Aldini98

Im in the market for a Creative Zen 32GB mp3 player. Amazon.co.uk are selling them for €190 but wont post to Ireland and shopireland.ie wont either. They are much more expensive everywhere else I've looked. Can anyonme tell me where I can get one for around €200

the creative site itself do special offers from time to time.
http://ie.europe.creative.com/welcome.asp
(cheap reconditioned units, free delivery, etc) also, creative have an ebay a/c that they sell from as well. some good cheap items to be had. creative.labs.europe is the ebay name.

the items are shipped from the place near Blanchardtowns so no problem with delivery.
have got a few things from the site with no problems.

I got the 4gb reconditioned version off Luzerntech's [broken link removed] ebay site last week, for about €55 inc P&P. They are also based in Blanchardstown. But they don't have the larger sizes available. The 32Gb is about €280 on Pixmania and about the same in HMV in town.

You could always ring up Creative Labs offices here (which is the European HQ) and ask them why there is such as price difference. They are charging €329.99 inc VAT on their own site vs £145-150 on Amazon in the UK. Ripoff Ireland strikes again.

Would you settle for the 16GB for €145 + Postage ? : http://ie.europe.creative.com/shop/welcome.asp?category=111&subcategory=125#125

For a difference of 140 it would be cheaper to get a cheap flight to a friend in the UK and get Amazon to send it there.

Im in the market for a Creative Zen 32GB mp3 player. Amazon.co.uk are selling them for €190 but wont post to Ireland and shopireland.ie wont either. They are much more expensive everywhere else I've looked. Can anyonme tell me where I can get one for around €200

I just checked amazon and they're on offer for GBP 197, not EUR. At a rate of 0.78, that equates to EUR 252. komplett have them for EUR 267.
You are not being realistic expecting to pay EUR 200.

And if you think the ZEN will [broken link removed], you're mistaken.

Why am I not being realistic ? They are for sale on amazon.co.uk for 190 Euro.... so because I live in Ireland I have to pay more because they wont ship to here. Whats unrealistic about that.

Cheers for the info though :)

Why am I not being realistic ? They are for sale on amazon.co.uk for 190 Euro.... so because I live in Ireland I have to pay more because they wont ship to here. Whats unrealistic about that.

Cheers for the info though :)

My opinion that your expectation is unrealistic is based on http://www.amazon.co.uk (www.amazon.co.uk) offering it for sale for GBP 197, not EUR 190. I doubt you could find any retailer selling it for EUR 200 (or GBP 156 @ 0.78).

With regard to DivX versatility - at the weekend I tried to convert some to WMV format for my wife's ZEN. The CREATIVE converter couldn't handle it so I used another product. The WMV file it produced could play OK on my PC and on my own VISION:M player, but the ZEN still rejected it.

The ZEN is a great player but it does have limitations when handling some DivX content.

They have gone up on Amazon. They were 145 to 150 STG when this thread started. Look at the text version of the page on Google's cache. Since Creative Labs European HQ is in Dublin, it is not beyond the bounds of probability that someone in Creative Labs saw this thread and got the prices on Amazon and it's traders increased to their RRP.

You could get an 8GB from Elara and just add a large memory card. I bought one very recently but wouldn't recommend the company I got one from. I did buy products from Elara before and had no problems with them. I'm happy with my Zen and you can use an SD card to upgrade the memory. The only thing I can't get to work on the Zen so far is the radio, it doesn't seem to pick up on stations for some reason.

Thanks for everyones input. Creative are selling them for over 300 Euro which is a tad expensive. Have found it on an American site for 215 Euro incl delivery :)

Tesco were selling 8GB versions for €99 recently. Might be work checking as you can add extra memory via SD cards...

Dabs sell them for €231.67 but unfortunately they're out of stock at the moment.

Anything better?

has anyone look at getting the microsoft zune, you can get an 80gb for about Eur 200 on ebay...i am surprised that more people arent going for these...or am i missing something

has anyone look at getting the microsoft zune, you can get an 80gb for about Eur 200 on ebay...i am surprised that more people arent going for these...or am i missing something
never heard of them but looking at the website they are definitely the only thing out there that can compete with the 80gb ipod classic and with that 3.2" screen it is definitely worth a look.
Whats the build quality like?

HardDrive players are prone to failures. So you need a good warranty. AFAIK the Zune isn't available in europe. So these are US models. So how does it work out for warranty cover.

I've heard they are good players, better than the iPods in many respects. But the MS software isn't the greatest, and you need it to get everything on the Zune.

Back