cream utility rooms what colour washing machine

OctoberGirl

I've decided on a cream colour for the presses in the utility room, undecided between the grey or white colour washing machine... any suggestions

Grey, silver, black anything but white IMO. They look more sophisticated(if you can say that about a washing machine) not in white, can't be called white goods then eh?

At the risk of sounding smart, it's just the scullery - does it really matter?

Plus your washing machine will be replaced far more often than the presses, so at some point in the future they won't sell the colour you want.

Keep it simple.

Would you not be better off putting a door infront of the machine so that it is locked away ? Those that tell you it is not possible - is not telling the truth. You can do this by buying a washing machine of a certain height and dimension. It does not have to be a built in Washing Machine. I did it in my kitchen with an external washing machine and it looks ten times better. You just need to measure the space you have for it.

have cream vinyl doors on solid beech units, first washing machine graphite (hotpoint), broke after three years, I did replace it a white one as cheaper (zansussi on special offer) and as someone said its the utility, all kitchen have silver/graphite appliances,

Have had a Zanussi silver washing machine on the go for the last 9yrs(heavy usage) they are supposed to last so be happy with your purchase. I am going to purchase a washing machine myself soon, looking at Siemens(black) or LG/Whirlpool in silver.
Be happy with your purchase ;)

Back