Cream patio doors with WHITE hinges

aishling

We just got our windows and doors installed in our new build. They are all cream upvc. The patio doors and back door are hung with 3 white hinges (2x4inch) on each door. I think this looks ridiculous but the window guy isn't taking any notice.

Would you accept cream doors (or any colour for that matter) with White hinges? What should I do?

Thanks!

What's written on the sale docket. Colour of handles and hinges is normally specified.

Have you paid him yet?

It's your house. Why should you have white hinges on a cream door. If the guy took pride in his work you wouldn't be given these.

No way would I accept this. This is just a lazy excuse for shoddy workmanship. Don't pay until the work is done to your satisfaction, materials and labour. Did you get a brochure or see any examples and if you did what colour were the fittings you saw?

Hinges should match the window frames, you are not unreasonably fussy to expect this. Insist they are changed and, as others have said, withhold payment until they are. The window guy's own opinion on this issue is irrelevant, you are the customer.

It might also do no harm to remind him also that in this economy a recommendation from a satisfied customer is as valuable as a warning from a dissatisfied customer is costly.

Thanks for your input guys!

Sexitoni, the colour of the hinges wasn't specified on the quotation, I just assumed they would be cream. We got cream doors from another company for the garage which came with cream hinges so assumed it would be the same!

We have paid half of the bill upfront.

The wooden front door surround had to be sent back to be repainted as it was white also, starting to think he may be colour blind....

I have sent him an email wednesday but have not received a response, partner had been talking to him on the phone with no joy.

Back