crazy insurance quotes

galway_blow_in

been driving a landcruiser this past number of years and there where three different claims , i made two myself and another was made against me in 2011 , total cost was 6000 euro

i have two penalty points for speeding going back to spring of 2014 , anyway i had a car bought ( not paid for ) yesterday ( four year old alfa romeo 1.6 diesel ) for 8 k , car was crashed and repaired hence the price

rang two different brokers today and FBD , lowest quote was 1500 euro , highest 3000 , im thirty nine , they told me it was much more expensive to insure a second vechicle , my toyota landcruiser is a commercial vechile

i had to abbandon the purchase of this car in the end

now i can live without this car but i was expecting to be quoted no more than around 700 quid , they told be that because i had only ever owned commercial vechiles , i was no different than a seventeen year old in their eyes

You are obviously keeping the landcruiser? So therefore you have no no claims bonus to use.

Being honest if you had a full NCB and no points and no accidents you'd probably be looking at about €700 so €1,500 is very good given the number of claims you have!

I had a car and a 4x4 commercial. Got rid of car. Had full no claims on both. Bought a car again last December (still have 4x4 also).

I was classed as starting a new policy - old policy credits ran out after 2 years. Only thing that saved me was the fact that I was a named driver on another policy.

I got insurance for €800 - fully comp, 2.2 ltr diesel.

Was hoping that it would come down in December but I'm not holding my breath on wondering whether it will be up or down.

An aside ..... A thread where people could post their (general details), insurer and cover cost would be a great indicator for others.

From my perspective, full no claims, no points on my licence, live in a rural country town, drive a 161 corolla 1.4 diesel parked on road and drive 30k a year (long commute). €540 including wife as named driver on the policy from Aviva

as for the OP, hate to say it but why on earth would you expect a quote of 700 when you have made 3 claims in a few years. any insurance company will see you as high risk, I'm surprised it was only €1500

I have found if you put a named driver with no points and full no claims on as well, quote can drop

tbh OP, 3 claims over a number of years, I think most insurance companies would see you as a higher risk than a seventeen year old!

I think insurance companies are also looking for excuses to up premia.

I had a windscreen replaced at one stage and when I was asked about claims years later I had forgotten it but insurer hadn't. I thought windscreen was accidental damage covered under the usual wear and tear etc. but no it was a claim in their eyes ... albeit a small one.

Back