Crank shaft failure on a car with less than 10000km

Garage have offered a ‘full’ refund. Money has not transferred yet but she is happily browsing for a replacement. Very pleased that it has been almost resolved in under a week.

Garage have offered a ‘full’ refund. Money has not transferred yet but she is happily browsing for a replacement. Very pleased that it has been almost resolved in under a week.
Good result all round so. The garage went well beyond what most would do here, but perhaps they already have a buyer lined up who is willing to pay more.

Great news and I'm astonished almost to the stage of curing me of my usual cynicism in similar circumstances. Fair play to them and whatever support they're getting from the manufacturer/distributor. AAM watchers maybe?

Full refund in progress. PCP cancelled. Refund to include apportionment of motor tax and full refund of last service. A good outcome.

Full refund in progress. PCP cancelled. Refund to include apportionment of motor tax and full refund of last service. A good outcome.
Finding it difficult to believe to tell you the truth, well done. Was it the garage or the car manufacturers? What exactly was their explanation on all of this?

Thanks for that and I know a fair bit about the present motoring market. I was trying to find the used cars that were said to be worth more than new ones, that's why I asked for examples. As I thought, I've found none.
If you're looking for ads online, forget it, they're not being advertised. Garages are calling people with in-demand models making them an offer to supply a buyer they already have lined up.

If you're looking for ads online, forget it, they're not being advertised. Garages are calling people with in-demand models making them an offer to supply a buyer they already have lined up.
Still no 2nd hand models going for more than new price.

While you will get a very good price for a trade in , perhaps more or equal to what you paid for it 12 months ago you will not find a scenario were a used car is more expensive for the same model new . That’s just nonsense. In respect if the OP he should name this hero Dealer so we all know where to purchase our next car from .

Not going to name them. I find it hard to believe myself but it’s the truth. She is collecting a new car tomorrow from a different brand dealership. As mentioned I suspect the faulty car will be repaired and back on the forecourt in jig time. It was a v nice car with all the extras. Low mileage. It will sell fast.

will not find a scenario were a used car is more expensive for the same model new . That’s just nonsense.
And what about the models whose 2022 allocation has already been sold out, for months in some cases? Like anyone ordering a Mercedes right now is being told to expect delivery in Q1 or Q2 of next year, similar for the main BEVs (semiconductor issues) along with the Ukraine related supply chain issues hitting Skoda and Audi models.

Last edited:
Back