Cpu 100% and internet not connecting

kingspoofer

I have a compaq 64 laptop which has being working fine until the other day the 8th it failed to connect onto iTunes and paddy power poker tables. I checked in the task manager and the physical memory is only around 30%/40% and the cup was at 100% and would not install updates. I restored the laptop to the 2nd of April and it works now but is still running slow? Any ideas why it did this and how can I stop it from happening again? Have antivirus installed Bullgard.also every time I turn on my pc I have to click diagnosis connection problem on the internet and after hitting one of the options it says repairing and the works why this happening? .Is there any free software to check what the problem was and speed up the computer .Any responses would be great

I presume you are using a Windows OS

Attempt to boot into safe mode.
Go to Run type msconfig go to startup
How many startup items are running.
Is there any with no text or you are not sure of.
remove the tick from some of them and reboot.

Other things to consider
You may have a virus.
Do a complete scan of your system.
Also scan for spyware.
I use spybot
Attempt to get your hands on a util called cclean.
Install and run it and clear out reported files and dead reg files.

Have you turned your router off of 15 seconds and turn it back on?
Are you using wireless?
Can you connect via etherrnet?

I know this is the exact same as i have posted to another question but i have had great success using the below applications - give thenm a try and see how you get on :)

2 Excellent Cleaning and Windows tuning Utilities (free of course) and an excellent disk defragmenter.

CCleaner
www.ccleaner.com/

Advanced Windows Care
www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html

Advanced-WindowsCare_14.png

Iobit Smart Defrag (to optimise system performance)
www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html

de-fragment-your-hard-disk-with-iobit-smart-defrag-300x225.jpg

Also go to www.iobit.com and download their free IObit Security 360. I would be very surprised if none of these solve your problem :)

I presume you are using a Windows OS

Attempt to boot into safe mode.
Go to Run type msconfig go to startup
How many startup items are running.
Is there any with no text or you are not sure of.
remove the tick from some of them and reboot.

Other things to consider
You may have a virus.
Do a complete scan of your system.
Also scan for spyware.
I use spybot
Attempt to get your hands on a util called cclean.
Install and run it and clear out reported files and dead reg files.

Have you turned your router off of 15 seconds and turn it back on?
Are you using wireless?
Can you connect via etherrnet?

Hello I went into msconfig and if I turned off everything bar the microsoft applications and it was fine cpu was normal.I did a complete scan on bullgard and windows defender after everything was fine.no router straight in.Spy boot free?Windows vista what i am using.When I restorded back to the 2nd it worked ok? Computer 8 months old and still under warrenty.Software update some drive would not update during the problems it said driver update fail.

Great help speeded up the pc alot but still slow on loading the paddypower but thanks its alot quicker.Thanks for your replies great stuff...

I know this is the exact same as i have posted to another question but i have had great success using the below applications - give thenm a try and see how you get on :)

2 Excellent Cleaning and Windows tuning Utilities (free of course) and an excellent disk defragmenter.

CCleaner
www.ccleaner.com/

Advanced Windows Care
www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html

Advanced-WindowsCare_14.png

Iobit Smart Defrag (to optimise system performance)
www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html

de-fragment-your-hard-disk-with-iobit-smart-defrag-300x225.jpg

Also go to www.iobit.com and download their free IObit Security 360. I would be very surprised if none of these solve your problem :)

Hello stil having issues its running at 100% now again its something to do with I tunes bonjour is eating up the cpu and when i removed that it say explorer.exe is eatting it up then????

Back