COYBIG

The campaign is over. We need to give him this campaign to blood some players and try and find a system that works even if we lose every game. Then give him one proper campaign where he has crowds, doesn't have to deal with covid, fewer injuries etc. He deserves that.

Give the Under 21's like Parrot a proper chance. I don't expect them to save Irish football and I know coming into a losing side is not easy but we need to move on. Hendrick, Brady, McClean, Clark, Long etc have given great service but we need to see something different.

Among the positives I take out of last night's international defeat to the might of Luxembourg is Munster's defeat to Leinster wasn't so bad after all
That was a dire performance from Munster in the second half. Now there's a coaching ticket that needs to change. Ireland don't have the players for a great football team but Munster certainly have a players to be in the top tier of European Rubgy.

That was a dire performance from Munster in the second half. Now there's a coaching ticket that needs to change. Ireland don't have the players for a great football team but Munster certainly have a players to be in the top tier of European Rubgy.

Yeah they were shocking....Box kicking and then box kick and then box kick....And when that doesn't work, box kick it again.......

No Purple, that final should have been contested between Leinster and their "B" team. Munster don't have the players at this point in time. OK, they have lots of heart, but nothing like the quality and coaching that's needed. Leinster were very good, I can't take that from them. Instead of the score being 6 - 6 at half-time, it should have been about 28 - 3 to Leinster. That's my honest summary and I will always support Munster.

Munster do have the players. A team with Earls, Conway, Farrell, De Allende, Carberry, Murray, Beirne, Kleyn, Cronin, O'Mahony, Stander in the starting 15 should have done better on Saturday against that Leinster team.

You can make the point about strength in depth but that Munster team is good enough to beat anyone. Ross Byrne and Luck McGrath who are not international class half backs were made look international class.

Munster do have the players. A team with Earls, Conway, Farrell, De Allende, Carberry, Murray, Beirne, Kleyn, Cronin, O'Mahony, Stander in the starting 15 should have done better on Saturday against that Leinster team.

You can make the point about strength in depth but that Munster team is good enough to beat anyone. Ross Byrne and Luck McGrath who are not international class half backs were made look international class.
I agree with most of that though I've long been of the opinion that Carbery is a Fullback, not a Ten. I'd have Ross Byrne as Out Half over him any day of the week; Carbery is an outstanding broken field player but his game management isn't up to what's needed.
I felt really sorry for O'Mahony during his interview after the match. It would be a shame if he retired without lifting a trophy for Munster.
I also think McGrath is playing better than Murray at the moment. Murray is way off his best.
De Allende and Farrell are the same player so make for a very predictable centre partnership.
Earls is far too good to be so under used.

I think the teams are close but the coaching at Leinster is at a completely different level.

Munster don't have the players at this point in time. OK, they have lots of heart, but nothing like the quality and coaching that's needed.
They have the player but not the coaching or the structure.
They had no game plan. None.

Will this be the night that Stephen Kenny gets his first win ? We will live in hope .

I am getting worried now that Manager Kenny doesn't understand what the acronym COYBIG stands for.

Back