Cowboy management agency who won’t fix a leak related to the common area

I will read the code I didn’t know it existed. If an occupant/landlord pays their management fee then surely their responsibility ends there. It’s up to the Property management company to do the managing. I get it about attending an AGM and having your viewpoints made. But most people don’t have the time or the energy to start getting involved in the day-to-day running of a management company, unless they are retired with nothing else to do. Surely if you pay your fee you should expect a certain level of standards to be maintained in your development common areas and responsive service in the case of a plumbing crisis related to common area pipes ?. That’s fairly basic stuff. But these guys are Cowboys who don’t give a toss.
Apartments are run by Owners through the Owner Management Company. This company appoints the management agent. If owners are not happy with that agent, it should be raised.

But most people don’t have the time or the energy to start getting involved in the day-to-day running of a management company, unless they are retired with nothing else to do.

Just like a trade union its only as strong as its members are prepared to support it. The 'someone else can do it attitude' does not hold up then when it comes to problems in the complex. Some mé féiners can be seen to sign up to the Management Committee to just get their particular problem solved and then resign thereafter.

Back