Covered alleyway, neighbour's plumbing through floor and into my airspace

paddytheape

Terraced house, side access gated with covered alleyway (old coal delivery access for neighbours, allowed neighbour to remove my yard wall to facilitate temporary access whilst building small kitchen extension) Neighbours bedroom and bathroom above this alleyway and now new plumbing waste pipes diverted through bathroom floor and into my air space (very ugly and unprofessionally looking, and worse, this part of property actually looks like mine but isn't...future problems in selling?) Soil/Toilet vent pipe 110mm also modified and through my airspace. Can I insist he reverts to how it used to be and plumbing re-instated, as I had plans to close this alleyway from the yard which I now can't do. I won't be falling out with neighbour over this as it's relatively minor but want it sorted.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Are his pipes over the boundary line and actually in your property? If so, it's not a minor matter. What happens if you decide you want an extension, and the pipes are in the way? Get it resolved while the builder is still on site.

Back