Cousin Inheritance Threshold

Lone Star

For CAT is a first cousin in category B or C. My parents due to inherit from a cousin, no idea yet of the sum, revenue already wrote to them before they have even received it! I'm just not 100% if the threshold for a cousin is 16,250 or 32,500 ?

a quick search of the Revenue website throws up this [broken link removed]

Does that answer your question?

I would agree, easier to figure out what it's not than what it is and if the relationship is not covered under A or B then it's C

It looks specific enough to me - i.e. Cousin isn't listed in A or B. C is everything that isn't specifically listed in A or B so surely its C???
Yes, that's exactly how it works. Everyone outside A & B is counted for CAT purposes as a stranger in blood and falls under Group C.

spot on - yip Threshold C. To be honest, it would make life easier for some if they just stated that a cousin is a 'stranger in blood'.

spot on - yip Threshold C. To be honest, it would make life easier for some if they just stated that a cousin is a 'stranger in blood'.

Why stop there - should they also list second cousins, cousins once removed etc etc. Seems like saying "C is for anything not in A or B" is pretty clear

Why stop there - should they also list second cousins, cousins once removed etc etc. Seems like saying "C is for anything not in A or B" is pretty clear
Well - I wanted to be sure to be sure to be sure. No need to be angsty.

Back