- Orders granted fell by 45%
- Execution orders granted fell by 48%
- This is despite the fact that the vulture funds have bought about 76,000 mortgages in recent years.
- Irish borrowers are the best protected in the World
- Irish borrowers pay the highest mortgage rates in the eurozone
- It’s going to take a long, long time to fill up Croke Park with homeless former mortgage holders.
Fall 2018 2017 2016 2015 Proceedings started 71% 1433 3055 3679 5021 Orders granted 45% 700 878 1088 1284 Execution orders granted 48% 412 592 500 793
Note that the Circuit Court cannot distinguish between family homes and buy to lets, so even these figures are somewhat overstated but not by much as most Buy to Lets are dealt with by appointing Receivers.
Mortgages on family homes c.600,000 Mortgages restructured since 2009 c. 120,000 Mortgages in arrears over 2 years at 31 March 2019 c.23,000 Repossessed on foot of a court order according to Central Bank since 2009 3,142
Central Bank Quarterly Arrears Report
Courts Service Annual Reports