Court Injunction Against Local Authority / NRA

Churchstreet

Hello Not going into the ins and outs, but what would be involved in obtaining a Court Injunction to stop a Local Authority/NRA from resurfacing the road outside my parents front door? Might sound strange but my mother is currently dying (Terminal Cancer), and on her good days she likes to leave the house for a drive, but we really don't need the hassle of the local authority doing whatever they want (Based on Past experience) and imprisoning my parents while the Local Authority do what they want on the street.
The injunction would need to last until she passes, a 3 months to 6 months or so. After she has passed the local authority/NRA can do what they like.

Sorry to hear about your predicament

Hopefully you don’t have to resort to such a drastic action. - have you approached the council ?

I expect council has right to maintain its road - appears to be some classification of public road outside your mother’s house ?

Generally council carries out improvements during summer - autumn.

A local councillor - elected rep - might be able to guide you further

While I understand your desire to make things as easy as possible for your parents, I‘d expect the authorities to challenge it the full extent of the law as it would set a dangerous precedent in restricting their abilities to maintain the road system. And the case would probably drag on, which probably would be upsetting as well.

A direct approach to the council and local politicians is probably a better approach.

Back