Court Attendance Fees - limit? (Circuit Court)

Lorz

Is there a limit to the amount you can claim for in "Court Attendance Fees" or is it calculated based on your salary? Do you need to provide payslips or P60 to substantiate your claim in the Bill of Costs to the County Registrar

would love to see the answer to this as i had to appear in court for an insurance claim and was subphenad to appear . when i attended no one approached me i was their for two days till case was over since tried to claim my expences and told i had to produce recipts which i dont have as i wasnt told as i wasnt told i had to have any is this the way things are done . because i know all witness fees were deducted from claiments award but i never recieved any

Lorz: if you are a professional witness, doctor, engineer, etc, then there is a recognised scale of fees payable, depending on whether you were there for a full day, a half day, a consultation or just on standby. If you are not, then your reasonable expenses for the day should be submitted. Its not a money making racket, its to compensate you for your expenses.

Rizoff: You should claim your expenses from who ever sent you the summons. The exception I would see would be if you were the Defendant, that is the person sued. If you were, then your insurance company dealt with the claim on the basis that you would be present. You should write to the solicitor who sent the summons, set out your expenses, explain you don't have receipts, and they should be paid. I'm assuming your expenses are something like meals/parking as loss of earnings should be substantiated by your employer.

Back