Courses available after parenting for 2 years

ggalrossy

Hoping that someone may be able to offer some information. I am looking to return to job market after taking 2 years off after my daughter was born.The OH is working now although its not full time and I thought this may be the time to look into a part time course or training. Can anyone tell me if these are available for someone who is not on benefits or social welfare ? Does the new FAS scheme allow for someone like me to get training ?

If your OH is not working full time, and you are seeking to reenter the work force...sign on. Even if you only get €5 a week, even if it means engagement and signing jobseeking compacts, not doing so locks you out of training. In theorey, if a course is not filled with those on the live register, places can be made available with no allowance to people such as yourself. However the reality is courses are almost always filled from the live register.

You can of course do ecollege and Springboard as a paying participant.

Sign on for credits if you are not entitled to a payment but are Jobseeking.
This way you will be able to access some training courses- not many with FAS, Skillsnet and I have no experience with momentum. If you are a professional have a look at the Skillsnet page as they have a wealth of courses in all areas.

I think they won't even allow signing for credits if a certain period of time elapses since you last worked.

Back