Courier recommendation

irishmoss

Hi
Just starting an e-commerce business sending about 10 - 15 parcels a week, hopefully growing much more. Can anyone recommend a courier? Orders posted going out to home addresses. Is Fastway any good ? Heard some couriers leave parcels at front door or throw over side gate. Don't know if Fastway do this

I cant recommend one myself, but some details such as the size, weight and destinations will help those that can.

I've had DPD hand over a parcel that required a signature to a builder who was working on a neighbouring house. I only found out what happened when the builder dropped it in over a week later when he was back on site. When I queried DPD on the parcel's whereabouts they insisted I had signed for it. They also refuse to deliver to Parcel Motel addresses as they're the competition (Nightline)

Littlewoods use both parcel motel and parcel connect for returns (free of charge) which are both very handy. I was able to drop something at my local supervalu which was very handy. Not quite the question you asked, I know.

Parcelmotel is the handiest setup
It's just so convienient it would be worth setting up an account with them

If its home addresses, then AnPost will be by far the best.
Your volume is quite small, but you may still be able to get a discount.

If the volume increases, An Post rates will be amongst the best - we ship 200+ a week and our rate is €4+vat for up to 20kg within Ireland.

We use Niteline to courier parcels for our business,customer always receives the parcel the next day,we always give a contact number for the customer so delivery man can ring the customer if there is no answer at door,wehave been using them for years,reasonable prices too.

If its home addresses, then AnPost will be by far the best.
Your volume is quite small, but you may still be able to get a discount.

If the volume increases, An Post rates will be amongst the best - we ship 200+ a week and our rate is €4+vat for up to 20kg within Ireland.
Is that an overnight rate?

Yes it is - express parcel service with tracking and signature.

Also no "fuel surcharge" or text alert charges like dpd.

Back