Could not reduce air into fire

roker

A bit of helpfull feedback.
I have been in my house for 3 yrs now and could never stop our Boru insert stove from burning fiercely (about 10 yrs old).
I replace the glass and the door seal without improvement so I phoned the manufacturers who told me there was no other way that the air could get in other than the top and bottom regulator slots.
On investigating further, I discovered that there was a 15mm machine hole through the bottom under the ash pan. the makers then told me to block it up which I did with fire cement and saw a great improvement but still a lttle too much air.
The control slots are not machined surfaces and leak air when closed so I sealed up the top slot and run the fire now at a nice slow pace with both slots closed. the slot is too course and cannot be adjusted only open fore lighting and closed for normal.
it's now amazingly economical.
I hope this will help for others with this problem.

Has anyone had trouble with combustion of gases when they ignite, this cannot happen if a flame is present, but worries me if this would happen by reducing air flow?(see above post)
I would think this is possible with any closed fire, and can the glass take it?
This used to happen in our last house on a Tyrolia cooker, especially after putting coal on, fotunately there was no glass front. The answer is probably not to put too much on at a time and leave some flame

When I close the top slide vent the glass gets all black.
Air getting in from somewhere else.

The pull from the chimney is most probably the reason for the rapid burn. I know you sealed the top and it solved some of the issue, but the first thing I would do in regard to your question on the glass would be to contact the manufacturers. Just explain the situation you found yourself in and I would be surprised if they didn't show some interest. If you bought the stove from a good builders suppliers, call into them and take it from there. They can be extremely good at putting you on the right path, and sometimes might even have the answer.