Could not reduce air into fire

roker

A bit of helpfull feedback.
I have been in my house for 3 yrs now and could never stop our Boru insert stove from burning fiercely (about 10 yrs old).
I replace the glass and the door seal without improvement so I phoned the manufacturers who told me there was no other way that the air could get in other than the top and bottom regulator slots.
On investigating further, I discovered that there was a 15mm machine hole through the bottom under the ash pan. the makers then told me to block it up which I did with fire cement and saw a great improvement but still a lttle too much air.
The control slots are not machined surfaces and leak air when closed so I sealed up the top slot and run the fire now at a nice slow pace with both slots closed. the slot is too course and cannot be adjusted only open fore lighting and closed for normal.
it's now amazingly economical.
I hope this will help for others with this problem.

Has anyone had trouble with combustion of gases when they ignite, this cannot happen if a flame is present, but worries me if this would happen by reducing air flow?(see above post)
I would think this is possible with any closed fire, and can the glass take it?
This used to happen in our last house on a Tyrolia cooker, especially after putting coal on, fotunately there was no glass front. The answer is probably not to put too much on at a time and leave some flame

A bit of helpfull feedback.
I have been in my house for 3 yrs now and could never stop our Boru insert stove from burning fiercely (about 10 yrs old).
I replace the glass and the door seal without improvement so I phoned the manufacturers who told me there was no other way that the air could get in other than the top and bottom regulator slots.
On investigating further, I discovered that there was a 15mm machine hole through the bottom under the ash pan. the makers then told me to block it up which I did with fire cement and saw a great improvement but still a lttle too much air.
The control slots are not machined surfaces and leak air when closed so I sealed up the top slot and run the fire now at a nice slow pace with both slots closed. the slot is too course and cannot be adjusted only open fore lighting and closed for normal.
it's now amazingly economical.
I hope this will help for others with this problem.
When I close the top slide vent the glass gets all black.
Air getting in from somewhere else.

The pull from the chimney is most probably the reason for the rapid burn. I know you sealed the top and it solved some of the issue, but the first thing I would do in regard to your question on the glass would be to contact the manufacturers. Just explain the situation you found yourself in and I would be surprised if they didn't show some interest. If you bought the stove from a good builders suppliers, call into them and take it from there. They can be extremely good at putting you on the right path, and sometimes might even have the answer.

Back