Could I earn extra cash?

J

jarrod

Hello – I was made redundant last year and I am currently receiving Job Seekers allowance.
There is a possibility that I could earn some commission on sales in Ireland from a foreign company but I estimate that what I would earn would be less than my current job seekers allowance, so I don’t want to lose my allowance. However an extra few bob would be very welcome right now as things are beginning to bite and my future prospects are not looking good as I’m now 60 years old. What should I do?
Thanks

I don't know if receiving commission would be regarded as working as a part time employee but it is possible to work part time and retain all/some of your payment, depending on how much you're earning. Citizens' Advice would be able to explain the system and advise you on income limits.

I don't know if receiving commission would be regarded as working as a part time employee but it is possible to work part time and retain all/some of your payment, depending on how much you're earning. Citizens' Advice would be able to explain the system and advise you on income limits.
Thanks for that!
I did speak to the Citizens Advice and they said that I would need to become a 'sole trader' etc. seems I might have to ditch the idea and stick with the job seekers allowance. Last thing I need at this stage of my life is a run-in with the revenue.:(

Back