Cost to have a mature tree cut down?

Jenser

Hi there,

Can anyone help me, we have a very mature tree on our property that is becoming dangerous and is in need of removing. Just wondering would you know how much it costs to have this taken down safely? Thanks in advance for your replies :)

As would asking your local authority for permission & guidance. Don't bother asking your house insurance company for financial help in protecting your property - they'll probably pay if the tree falls and damages your house buy they will not pay to have the tree removed as a preventative measure.

You could put an add up in adverts or donedeal free timber, Large tree free to take away.

Not too sure about getting the local authority involved as this might bring on more potential unnecessary problems and costs. I think I will ask around as Im sure Im not the only one to have this sort of issue. Thanks guys for all your help ;)

I think I will ask around as Im sure Im not the only one to have this sort of issue.

Always good to get a local recommendation, failing that, contact tree surgeons operating in your area and get a few quotes. Make sure they have insurance in case something goes wrong.

If you can't get a recommendation I'd just google tree surgeons locally. I had to get a tree seriously trimmed lately and I picked a few and contacted them. Couple of them never got back to me so ended up with just one but he came anyway and did the job. I did ask about insurances etc, he had a relatively well known business so safer I hope than chancing a man with a chainsaw!

jenser
All depends on your location, the location of the tree on your property, and lastly the type of tree. Tonight there is add on Done Deal where payment can be the timber from the tree. A good hardwood tree is worth money.

Down here in the sticks we wouldn't see this as a problem but as an opportunity to get some good quality firewood for the stove. So down she would come while you would be making a cup of taa.

Down here in the sticks we wouldn't see this as a problem but as an opportunity to get some good quality firewood for the stove. So down she would come while you would be making a cup of taa.
Fine to a degree if the tree is down the end of a field, but becomes a major risk getting a random stranger to cut down a 100 year old tree within 20 foot of a house.

Back