cost of sky tv

I just rang sky, I asked to speak to the manager, my payments went up over the last 2 months. I never received a letter indicating that the price was going up. I asked her did she not realize that we were in a recession and our wages our going down and there is alot of unemployment. I was told that they were coming out of recession and thats the reason why the prices went up. I said the UK maybe out of a recession but not here, she said that the UK prices went up £1. Anyway after i told her that I was very disappointed and being a long term customer, and that I was wishing to cancel my subscription I ended up getting 3 free months. So folks don't take it lying down fight your corner.

this thread reminds me, need to see when my SKY HD first year is up....can start playing hard ball then with the prices.

If you get the Sky magazine, they sometimes put important information such as price increases on the cover sheet that comes with the magazine. Not very wise, I know, since a lot of people don't even look at that sheet. It was only by pure chance that I noticed the information about the latest price increase on a recent copy of the magazine.

If you get the Sky magazine, they sometimes put important information such as price increases on the cover sheet that comes with the magazine. Not very wise, I know, since a lot of people don't even look at that sheet. It was only by pure chance that I noticed the information about the latest price increase on a recent copy of the magazine.

That's true, they often sneak in really important stuff along with all the bumpf that comes with the magazine - which itself costs the subscriber something like €2.20 per month. Subscription to magazine is mandatory!

If you a buy a sky card for the uk will it work in Ireland?

As someone who uses a UK card in RoI I can tell you its a bit of a pain.

Sky make it very awkward to move cards from box to box. Remember that your viewing card is tied to your Sky box. You can't take it out and put it in another machine. You have to call Sky to get a card changed to a different box, and they ask a lot of questions !!

So first you will need to get a UK address to get your viewing card posted to. And I think that the direct debit has to come from a UK registered bank account. Then its simply a matter of getting it tied to your box and it will work, no matter where you are in the world.

I have mine through my sisters address in NI. However this means that she has to do any interaction with Sky should I have a problem. That can be a bit of a pain. Lucky I don't need to phone them too often.

And to get back to the title of the thread. The difference in the cost of Sky in RoI v NI is shocking given the exchange rate.

Back