Cost of replacing honda civic timing belt

C

creamcr

Is it very expensive to get the timing belt replaced and is it a big job? Thanks.

My OH got the timing belt and service done for €250 earlier in the year. It's an 04 Civic 1.4i. Belt cost around €45. Labour is most expensive part. This was in a local garage not a main dealer.

That would appear to be a very good price as it cost me 420euro for an 02 civic 1.4s. I did not go to the main dealer either but I didnt have a service done, just changed the timing belt and it took a day and a half to do the job. Dont know if I was overcharged or not but was told that 700e would be considered the going rate. Thanks Aidomoss

I did not go to the main dealer either but I didnt have a service done, just changed the timing belt and it took a day and a half to do the job.

I'm not a mechanic so I'm open to correction but a day and a half to change a timing belt seems very excessive.

I could not say for sure that it took the full day and a half to change the timing belt, now it is a big job so as a consequence labour costs vary a lot from one garage to the next but I doubt very much though that they were working solely on my car for the length time it was in the garage.

OH left car at garage around 10am and collected it again around 5pm. Mechanic rang her around 3pm to say it was ready whenever she could collect it. I had her told it would cost around €400 - €500 for the timimg belt and service. We were pleasantly surprised when he said €250. She even asked him if he done the timing belt just to make sure!!!!

Plenty of threads on T belt costs. Try a search. As mentioned, by far the main cost is labour. Prices can vary wildly from dealer to independent to private. Anything from €200 to €700.

Back