Cost of Paving

dino

Hi,
I have a small front garden with lots of overgrown trees and an old concrete driveway. I am thinking of getting the whole lot replaced with paving or cobblelock. The area is roughly 9m by 8m so 72sqM. I plan to cover the lawn but will leave beds around the edge of the paving so I estimate 65-68sqM in total.
A local landscaper does paving projects also and I was thinking of getting him to quote for it.
Roughly how much per square metre should I be paying for this type of work?

Are you allowing for kerbing and drainage? Do you want the trees taken out, the roots totally removed, concrete taken up, etc, and what else do you need to do before you think of laying anything? Lots of people come on here looking for ballpark figures in regard to getting prices for "small jobs", but they're seldom small jobs. As a matter of interest, what do you think you might be paying, give or take a thousand and don't go telling us you haven't a clue? I'll give you an idea then of what I think.

Having been down this road (pardon the pun) take my advice and don't go for paving or cobblelock. Too high maintenance. Tarmacadam or asphalt is lower maintenance if done properly.

If you search on previous threads here on this subject (maybe using Google) you will get plenty of advice. A good site for advice is www.pavingexpert.com

I would need to remove everything and dig up the existing concrete driveway. No drainage required. I was thinking it will probably cost €6-8k but I'm sure it could be up to 10-12K.

I would need to remove everything and dig up the existing concrete driveway. No drainage required. I was thinking it will probably cost €6-8k but I'm sure it could be up to 10-12K.

Good man, won't be far off the mark on either. You'll pay for quality.

Back