Cost of oil boiler, heating controls & power flush

ceekay

Hi, can anyone give an estimate of the cost of getting a new oil boiler installed, heating controls and power flush done?

I know it all depends on exactly what you go for, but just looking for ballpark figures.

Thanks!

I recently had a job done on my central heating. A Worcester Bosch 24Ri condensing gas boiler, 24kW output should come in at about 1200; you can add on at least the same amount again for a circulating pump, pipework, corrosion inhibitor, and labour. You should insure the fitting includes gas flue analysis. Thermostatic valves are about 35 each. Power flushing should cost about 175. Then add on VAT at 13.5%. Don't forget to claim for an income tax credit for qualifying expenditure under the HRI scheme.

Power flushing should cost about 175. Then add on VAT at 13.5%.

Would be very sceptical of a Powerflush at €175 plus vat. Depending on size of house you may require 1-2 bottles of the cleaning agent plus another 1-2 bottles of Protector. If it is an older system you might consider adding the same amount of bottles of a leak protector. All the chemicals average around €30 per bottle so maybe 3-6 bottles. Plumber and machine for 4 to 6 hours. Maybe more like €4 -500. Check on Google for the price of a Grant vortex condenser boiler (most efficient on the market and no connection with Grant) for a boiler that suits the size of your house. There are indoor models and outdoor models which impacts on price. Difficult to state a price for labour. There will be some other fittings and piping needed depending on location of house to the site of the boiler.
I am not a plumber.

Back