Cost of Kitchen Extension & new Patio....

shopaholic18

Hi there, just wondering if anyone had ballpark figure for kitchen extension (Not huge) and new patio area, I'm thinking of complete price, looking at a contractor who will provide the full design and build package but have no idea cost wise what to expect...

I have a typical l-shaped bungalow (built about 15 years ago) but kitchen is just too small so looking to extend......I know this is a pie in the sky question but just looking for a guide......

I'm getting a very small kitchen extension (hopefully), no units or anything like that, 3 walls and a roof, two windows, the usual plumbing and electrical, couple of roof windows and I have 4 quotes, all around 25k which is fine, I expected that but it's nowhere near a finished price and I'm not in a major city or anything. All are small local builders and I expect to have to spend another 10k anyway to actually finish it. I'm not even going to put in a new kitchen as such, just fit out the extension bit with something that suits the existing kitchen, bit I'm hoping to build is roughly 6 ft x 15 ft give or take.

I'd be surprised if you got a finished price of 25k.

That's the price to get the job - once the job is under way, oh, that's not included another 5k here and another there and ...

The patio will not cost a huge amount, got a very good local handyman last summer, did a fantastic job of my patio, very large area for 3000 plus the couple tonne sand and gravel.

Back