Cost of home heating oil

470 in galway area. shop around and dont be afraid to barter

i m in east clare and rang local distributor before ringing my current supplier. they quoted 485 for 1000ltr so i rang my regular guy and he quoted 500.00!!!. after a bit, not to much he agreed to match it. but not before trying to meet me halfway! its true for whoever said it earlier, they will try and swindle you...even a valued customer

The price of oil is going up by 4c a litre today and 7 on friday. Just ordered 1600 litres of kero today at 45c a litre, here in Galway.

Minkydog, Just wondering who in galway is coming in at the best price for oil? will need a fill in next few days..Thanks

Minkydog, Just wondering who in galway is coming in at the best price for oil? will need a fill in next few days..Thanks

Got mine from McMahon oil but i am a customer of there's for years. Got that 45c inc VAT a litre today but just in time.

Just checked with Emo Oil today and the cost of 1100 L Kero is €544.78 delivered Meath. Up €61 since Tuesday !!

It annoys me when ordering oil and your quoted a price per ltr and they accept your order..... that it is usally 0.5 or 1.00 cent per litre more when you get the bill. They should be obliged to stick to the quoted price or inform the customer that it may cost more on delivery.

I even saw on back of receipt from one supplier that the price on the day may not be the price on delivery. Thats fine if delivery is not for a week or two.

Surely they are able to keep an account of there own stock levels in order to cover the quoted rates to customers.:(

It annoys me when ordering oil and your quoted a price per ltr and they accept your order..... that it is usally 0.5 or 1.00 cent per litre more when you get the bill. They should be obliged to stick to the quoted price or inform the customer that it may cost more on delivery.

I even saw on back of receipt from one supplier that the price on the day may not be the price on delivery. Thats fine if delivery is not for a week or two.

Surely they are able to keep an account of there own stock levels in order to cover the quoted rates to customers.:(
Sounds like a load of old cobblers. If they're not honouring the price they quoted, I wouldn't be paying anymore than what they quoted and wouldn't be using them the next year.

Just ordered 500litres today in Inishowen, Co. Donegal and it cost €270.

Back