cost of blocklayers now???

R

ronandoc

i'am waiting on prices back from several builders to supply and lay blocks on my new self build.has anyone got an idea what rates i should expect? (ps location is donegal)

FWIW, I am currently building and paid 80c per block to a TOP Quality blocklayer...where you are should be cheaper I would think as I am near Dublin....

hope that helps

im hearing good news in that the price of block is down to 56cent and laying is down to 40 cent, however this is very cheap, i would be happy to pay up 70 cent a block to lay in the current market, dont forget this time last year blocklayers were chargin up wards on 1.20 just to lay a block

56 cent a block isn't cheap for the cost of a block. I was paying 50 cent last summer!

first price back from a very good builder is 1.30 per block (vat included) supplied and layed!!!!

€1.30 per block supplied & layed is not far off if it's a good blocklayer.You will always get what you pay for.Labour only 70 cent per block is about right, block 45 - 50 cent , sand & cement 10 - 15.
If you know you have a good tradesman then if you could get him to trim 10 cent per block off you would be doing a good deal.

Back