Cost of a Plumber

I'm sure that most tradespeople would like to have 40 hours a week work in front of them in one place which might enable them to charge less. You're making a very broad statement.

The Op only wants a small domestic job done ,so I would think they don't give a damn how many years industrial experience they have got. I know plenty of people who have done 4 years training working for at 500 to 600 per week. I'm still scratching my head at some of the wages that were made by trades people during the good times and who still expect to get paid the same while the rest of the country have had to take pay freezes and a drops in salary in some cases.

I was responding to an other poster, these tradesman aren't the domestic plumbers people are familar with. Not all tradespeople do the same things, even in the same trade. They do not apply to OP.

Why the head scratching? What kind of money have you heard that tradespeople earned?

The greatest expense in any business is the wage bill. I don't think €700 is an over inflated wage for these tradespeople. the guy's in question have many many years experiance in industrial and commerical "gaint" systems. they work closely with mechanical consultants and have to understand very complicated mechanical drawings where any mistakes or misunderstandings would result very costly for the business. In my opinion, they are worth their weight in gold, an asset to me at the moment anyhow. As times change we will change with them.

Fair enough, but hardly what is required for some rads and an ensuite.

Back