Cornwall

airgead07

I know Cornwall is more of a summer holiday but might be spending 2/3 nights there in between Christmas and New Years next December.

Anyone have any good ideas of things to see / hotels to stay / best way to get there?

Is it necessary to rent a car whilst there?

I was there last summer for 2 weeks, nice holiday.
Not sure what it's like in Dec.
We drove from holyhead to penzance in one day, but wouldn't want to do it again...
Aerlingus & Ryanair fly to Bristol I believe.
I think you can also fly to Exeter.
Depends on what you're doing for the 2/3 days, but I would think a car is needed.
The Eden Project is worth a visit, again in summer time.

Cornwall self catering

Planning to take Cork - Swansea ferry to visit Devon / Cornwall this Summer. Appreciate advice on whether to drive direct from Swansea to South or worth stopping off en route on Welsh coast for a night or two? Also, any recommendations on good quality self-catering accommodation in Devon / Cornwall - open to suggestions on location - for myself, "the boss" and two boys - one fella of 3 years and the little fella 6 months. Have heard this is a beautiful part of world and have just never gotten round to visiting! Have heard that St Ives, Padstow and Tavistock are lovely?

If you get a chance visit the Minack theatre. One of the most breathtaking places on the planet..and I travel a lot ;)

Back