cork solicitors

T

tbourk01

Anyone recommend a reasonably priced solicitor in Cork City.

Can highly recommend Seamus Doody with Doody solicitors on South Mall. Very reasonable, especially for first time buyers. He quoted about €400 cheaper than any other offer I got at the time and is a very friendly guy.

We (Abettermortgage on St. Patrick's quay 021 4500400) offer conveyancing from a trusted established solicitor on the Mall for EUR 850 plus VAT & outlay, which is a fair bit cheaper than the 1% as is normally charged.

Regards,
Paul MacPiarais

[broken link removed]

Hi,

Any recomendations for the dublin area???

Thanks

www.unison.ie/irish_indep...ue_id=9911

Indo article on this. I think your one keane is no longer running but you can try. Then there's "mr. abrupt" Dermot Deane (read the FAQ's).

[broken link removed] are 999 + VAT&Outlay wherever u are or you could shop around and probably get quoted a hundred or 2 less.

Paul

[broken link removed]

I was fortunate enough to have Doody Solicitors
South Mall recommended to me and I would be happy
to pass on that recommendation.

Found them very good, as we had hassle with the sale
of our property - found I could trust them and things
were safe in their hands.

Tom

"We (Abettermortgage on St. Patrick's quay 021 4500400) offer conveyancing from a trusted established solicitor on the Mall for EUR 850 plus VAT & outlay, which is a fair bit cheaper than the 1% as is normally charged."

Two points:

1. 1% is not normally charged. There might be a few firms charging this, but it is quite misleading to suggest that it is normal. My own firm, which does not advertise and gets most new clients by word-of mouth recommendation, charges €1,000.00 plus VAT & outlay for a new housing estate house purchase, and perhaps up to €1,300 for other transactions. Flat charges are now commonplace among solicitors.

2. €850 is right at the margin of profitability on even a straightforward transaction. I don;t believe it is possible for a solicitor to consistently give good service at this price level.

Back