Cork CC selling afordable houses at lower price than 2007

SunnyH

I bought an affordable house off Cork CC in May 2007 paid 235K I was told that the market value was 300K which was never true. Some of the houses in the estate havn't been bought and the council have started on an advertisement campaign to try and get rid of the rest of the houses. I contacted the council as an anonymous prospective buyer and they said the price is €220K which is 15k less than what I paid. All these houses were built at the same time. So the cost for each house would have cost the council the same money. As far as I know the council were to supposed to sell these houses at cost price. Does anyone think there is a legal way to get the 15K difference off the council. Rgds SH

Hate to be a bugger but in 2007 235k was a good price for a house. 2 different of mine each bought a 2 bed in north Cork for 223k and 230k respectively around the corner from each other, and houses there are worth 160k while they have both got 100% mortgages.

Count yourself lucky to only have made a loss of 15k, my two friends are already staring at 60k+ losses so far.

Last edited:
Back