Cork By Night

S

swl

Can anybody suggest a late night cafe or restaurant to spend a Saturday night in prior to an early flight Sunday morning from Cork airport.
I will be in Cork with my luggage at about 10pm and I don't fancy spending 6 hours in the terminal before check in.

Tough one

Thats a tough one, not many late night cafe's and bars that would stay open all nite, and more importantly are safe enough to sit in for that length of time without getting your head kicked in. Not sure if Little chef by the kinsale road roundabout is open all night or not. If it is this might be a good bet.

Hey if your a woman I'll meet you and entertain you till 6 in the morning, ha ha ha

Why not book into a B&B or hostel for the night, then get a good night's sleep? It would not be expensive, you would be safe and not completely wrecked the next day! You can always book a cab to the airport, I can recommend a reliable firm if you like.

You could try The Gingerbread House on Paul Street, I think that's now open till the early hours, also there's a 24 internet cafe called Nethouse on Oliver Plunkett Street.

re. cork by night

Thanks a lot lads for your replies. Unfortunately a B&B is of no use to me. The reason i want to stay awake is the next day I have one short haul flight followed by a very long one and then another short. I want to sleep as much of this as I can which helps to take the sting out of jet lag. I'll phone the Ginger Bread House tomorrow, I seem to remember seeing a sign there about late night closing times on weekends.
Anyway, thanks again......Jer.

Back