Hi
60yrs next birthday, 40yrs service with HSE. Class A PRSI. Coordinated Pension at Retirement. Advised to apply for ill health Retirement as I have a long standing medical condition. Question- do I apply for illness benefit, invalidity pension before officially submitting documentation to retire please? How do you bridge the financial gap between 60 & 66yrs if you don’t retire until 63yrs to get your lump sum & occ pension? Invalidity pension is €12k per annum approx. I’m receiving conflicting advice & urgently need clarification please. Thanks
60yrs next birthday, 40yrs service with HSE. Class A PRSI. Coordinated Pension at Retirement. Advised to apply for ill health Retirement as I have a long standing medical condition. Question- do I apply for illness benefit, invalidity pension before officially submitting documentation to retire please? How do you bridge the financial gap between 60 & 66yrs if you don’t retire until 63yrs to get your lump sum & occ pension? Invalidity pension is €12k per annum approx. I’m receiving conflicting advice & urgently need clarification please. Thanks