Conveyancing question - Getting a eDischarge from IBRC on an old INBS mortgage

cousin_borat

Hi there, In December we went sale agreed on a house, 1st time buyers. Took almost 3 years as I'm self employed so lots of hoops and prep to get to this point, yada yada....

As of last week our solicitor has not gotten any contracts from the vendors solicitor.

I took a look at the Folio for the house, and there is a former mortgage with INBS (now IBRC) on line 2 that is not crossed out. I'm guessing this was an oversight in 2003 when EBS took a charge on the property.

1613403107483.png

Has anyone gone through this with IBRC?

The Law society (2018) simply recommends solicitors to write to IBRC to ask for the eDischarge
https://www.lawsociety.ie/News/News/Stories/need-to-contact-inbs-anglo-irish-bank-or-ibrc/.

I'm assuming IBRC would be expected to file an eDischarge as they're listed on eregistration.ie
1613403222483.png

So any info from anyone who been through this with IBRC, or seen similar would be great. We're just trying to get a sense of if/when this could be resolved as solicitors are understandably vague and don't want to give a timeframe.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1613402839200.png
    1613402839200.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 185
In the spirit of collegiality, following up on this in case folks in similar situation need assistance. Not going into too much details, message me if you want further info...

After various calls to solicitor and banking friends, who didn't know, I finally got a steer from a member of the law society conveyancing committee. It is possible to email a contact in KPMG who can execute these eDischarges.

The law society person flagged re KPMG seeking a massive fee for filing an eDischarge, this turned out true. I don't know the terms of the KPMG contract for managing IBRC post-liquidation, but I imagine Central Bank would not be too happy about these types of charges sought for eDischarges.

Back