Conveyance: When to change solicitors

Luternau

I have engaged a solicitor for conveyance. Contracts issued to buyers solicitor 4 months ago. They are still not signed. Now heading for 6 since offer accepted.

My solicitor is not keeping me up to date dispite asking them to do so. I have been reasonable to-date but patience running out now.. They are also slow to engage with buyers solicitor. It took weeks for them to reply to simple pre contract enquiries. Nothing seems proactive.

When is it time to change solicitors and give buyer an ultimatum to sign contracts or return all?

What are my rights if I change solicitors mid conveyance? I don't wish to pay a solicitor in full for work they have not completed or delayed to the extent I am forced to engage another company., etc.

You should change now. Or at least give him an ultimatum to respond to the other solicitor.

If your solicitor is at fault, I can't see why you would give the buyer an ultimatum?

Brendan

Thanks Brendan
I think both solicitors are dragging this out. Pre contract questions were responded to in Dec and I understood they finished. But they have come back with more just two weeks ago. That's a long time after initial questions.

Back