Conveyance fees and additional charges ..

Lots of qualifiers there that suggest that it's not safe to assume a priori that this to be the norm and, as such, it is probably prudent to proceed with caution. In any case buyers should always get their own individual legal advice and I don't know that doing some sort of bulk deal is feasible, practical or advisable.
I agree completely (without qualification)!!

Out of curiosity, can I ask what was the cost of the purchase and the total fees as a percentage of the sale price?

and do the solicitors fees , when quoted as a % of the price of the property, not include vat like all other consumer transactions.

Do all "consumer transactions" include VAT? Any time I have been quoted for maintenance work on my home (e.g. roofer, painter etc.) it has been €x plus VAT. Are these "consumer transactions"? Is engaging a solicitor a "consumer transaction"?

Hi SirOurs

The professional fees were to be charged at a fixed fee of 1200 euro plus VAT. I'm not certain of the cost of the apartment but think it was about 340k euro. The buyer has now asked the solicitor to explain the fees.

Hi All

I said I would revert with news on how my friend gone on with questioning the legal bill. The solicitor reverted and stated that the incorrect bill was sent out and has now revised it by adding a further 300 euro! The sale of the apartment is a sub-sale. He has provided an invoice for the searches that includes two separate searches billed at 650 euro in total (plus Vat). I think the extra 300 euro is a registration fee.

Back