Converting old farm shed to 1 Bed apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they discover you in the next decade they could make you convert it back in a shed rather than a dwelling.

And in the case of a derelict structure even make you remove the roof, doors, windows, etc.

And in the case of a derelict structure even make you remove the roof, doors, windows, etc.
Not if it's replacement windows, doors and roofs. And not if they can't prove those weren't replacements of existing decrepid ones....

Of course if Google maps have you, then one ought to thread carefully. It's amazing the detail on Google maps. I can see our entire back garden on it that's not visible from any road.

What's the odds on the OP getting PP?

They can't make you demolish an existing structure. If they discover you in the next decade they could make you convert it back in a shed rather than a dwelling. And I'd say at a guess pigs will fly faster than your likelyhood of getting PP.
Thanks Bronte, I won't be applying for PP.

Not if it's replacement windows, doors and roofs. And not if they can't prove those weren't replacements of existing decrepid ones....

It'd depend on how dilapidated the structure is, it may be obvious on inspection. Given it has a garden, it may even have been used as a dwelling in the past, if that's the case and such use is considered lapsed by the LA, a change of use would also be required to revert back to habitable space.

Of course if Google maps have you, then one ought to thread carefully. It's amazing the detail on Google maps. I can see our entire back garden on it that's not visible from any road.

Yep, and there are other services such as LandViewer which allow you look at satellite imagery and track changes over time.

What's the odds on the OP getting PP?

All depends on location and available space, but given the building has its own garden there's every chance it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back