Converting handwriting into word processing

bisset

I am looking for something that will convert my own handwriting into word processing. I have been looking at digital pens and graphics tablets on he internet. I would like to hear from people who have experience of using these.

You could try the Wacom graphics tablet. These tablets connect to the computer (both Mac and Windows) via a USB port. Anything you write on the tablet with a special 'pen' is transferred to the computer as text. They also allow you to create images such as drawings or, when you become really skilled in using them, almost any image your imagination (and artistic talent) allows. They can also be used instead of the mouse when you are busy drawing or writing.

They are fairly expensive, but the cheapest range from Wacom is the Bamboo and costs about €50 at Amazon, but this will last a lifetime. There are makes other than Wacom, but they do not have the same build quality and are slightly less versatile.

Lidl are doing a Wireless Digital Pen from Thursday 9th Dec...

Sorry cant post a link yet...

Unless you're a two-finger typist, this is going to be a much slower method of input.
Leo

I take a lot of hand written notes while out of the office and I am looking for a way to put them onto PC. Thanks for the tip about Lidl. I am also looking at a digital note pad in Aldi on 5/12/10

I take a lot of hand written notes while out of the office and I am looking for a way to put them onto PC. Thanks for the tip about Lidl. I am also looking at a digital note pad in Aldi on 5/12/10

Then the graphics tablets being mentioned here will be no good to you unlessyou plan to re-trace every word previously typed.

You could try scan the hand writing and use OCR software, but the results will vary depending on how legible your hand writing is.

You might be better off getting a small notepad to type the notes on instead.
Leo

Back