Converting a pdf file to word

noel123ie

Hi there

I am using able2extract to convert .pdf files into Word files. These documents have been scanned in using a HP scanner.

Everything is fine until I convert the pdf file I have saved off the scanner to word - all the images are missing.

I tried this able2extract software to convert a .pdf document which I had not scanned in and all images were kept ok.

Would you please have any idea what other sw I could try?

Thanks
Noel

You could - although this will take a little longer than your extraction program do the following:

Use the text selector in the pdf reader to select all the text, copy this and place it in the word document.

Use the snapshot tool to take a snap shot of the images and paste them into the appropriate places in the document.

Hi there

Just tried that thanks but will not allow me to select all

It does not select text as normal?

Noel

No it won't, you need to click and drag to select the text I'm afraid.
That's why I said it was time consuming! :)

By coincidence, I am trying to convert a PDF file to MSExcel using able2extract, but without success. The data transfers to the excel spreadsheet as garbage. Am I doing something wrong? The PDF file started life as an Excel spreadsheet, I need to convert it back to Excel.

If it's information in a table format - try using the text selector tool to copy and then paste into Excel - maybe use the paste special function. Let me know how you get on...

If you have the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer installed (as a printer) it will print anything you have (including PDF) to an image file. After 'printing' it opens the image in the Document Image Writer utility. From there there is an OCR (optical character recognition) feature which should be able to extract the text content from the printed image.

I used Solidpdf and it worked well. I was able to Copy and Paste from Word to Excel.

Thanks for the tip, PaddyH.

Back