Contributory state pension entitlement

sillyser

Hello Dr Google can't help me with this one , it seems like an easy question.

I work in the civil service part time 3 days a week and am here since 1998, I pay tax and prsi I take home 440€.

While discussing the state pension value I said to my boss 230 odd is not bad from the state , she said to me you will only get 3/5 th's of that weekly as you only work a 3 day week. From googling it looks like you only need to earn 35€ a week to get the full contributory pension but she was adamant that google was wrong and its 3/5th's.

Anyone shed some light? Thanks.

Hello Dr Google can't help me with this one , it seems like an easy question.

I work in the civil service part time 3 days a week and am here since 1998, I pay tax and prsi I take home 440€.

While discussing the state pension value I said to my boss 230 odd is not bad from the state , she said to me you will only get 3/5 th's of that weekly as you only work a 3 day week. From googling it looks like you only need to earn 35€ a week to get the full contributory pension but she was adamant that google was wrong and its 3/5th's.

Anyone shed some light? Thanks.
easy answer they are wrong about the state contribution pension is based on the amount of years paid in once you reach 66 at present
They are mixing it up with the public service top up part and retiring before 66

Last edited:
The previous answers assume you ar paying Class A PRSI, but maybe you are laying Class D?

Back