Contract House Sale Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

LByrne

Hi

I am currently buying a house from a receiver on behalf of bank, our solicitor asked about about update on issuing of contracts and received a letter back from bank Solicitor stating

"Contracts are drafted and we await our clients instructions confirming the position regarding VAT in order to issue the same. We will forward contracts as soon as we have out clients instructions."

Does anyone have any idea what this means? and generally how long would this take?

Does anyone have any idea what this means? and generally how long would this take?

How long , what colour and what gauge is this piece of string!

From reading all of your posts, this is clearly a nightmare purchase situation.

Honestly? If I was your solicitor I'd be saying please don't buy this.

And if you still wanted to buy it, I'd be asking you to go to someone else! There are not enough hours in the day or clients willing to pay the actual fees for the actual hours that can go into these ghastly situations to make it worthwhile for a solicitor to want to deal with these files.

mf

mf1 less of your smart comments! Why bother taking the time to respond if you are going to have a go!!

What is to say that this is the same sale?! You are an extremely arrogant and rude person

Surely your solicitor can explain what it means.I see nothing arrogant or rude in mf1s
post,but your reply is definitely over the top.

It is rude he assumed that this sale was connected basically telling me to give up when he JUMPED to conclusions.. if he doesn't have a opinion rather than a reason to more or less to move on then don't leave a comment!

Having also read your previous posts it would beggar belief that you had moved to
Another receiver sale in a matter of weeks.

mf1 is one of the most qualified and knowledgeable posters in this area. Their comments are generally very smart and very well founded.

Given the timing, I don't see how the assumption could be interpreted as ill-mannered or impolite.

Just so you are aware it is a separate house I bid on two houses at the same time that are both repo.. so reading back on people's previous posts and jumping to conclusion is NOT a smart way to answer's someone's questions. So mf1 should spend less time reading back on previous post's and answer the question being asked. Otherwise dont form an answer!

All posters have attempted to give you honest well informed advice on this and your previous threads.That it clearly does not suit you is very evident.If you want posters to take you serious and have us believe that you are talking about two different property purchases ,even though you went sale agreed on your first purchase at the end of March.The old saying stop digging is apt in this instance.

It probably was over the top calling mf1 out like that but I think I get where you're coming from. It's really tough looking for a house at the moment and you have to make so many sacrifices to get anywhere. I'm sure you've put a lot into this so you don't need someone without enough information telling you to walk away now. Congrats on getting sale agreed and I hope it works out for you soon!

I wouldn't be too discouraged by what the bank's solicitor said. If you really need to get a timeline I think the only thing you can do is call your solicitor to get their opinion and tell them you want to keep the pressure on the receiver.

If you are so sensitive to people who freely give their time in an attempt to give you the benefit of their experience making valid assumptions, perhaps you'd be better off engaging a professional and paying for advice. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back